Heinz Baked Beanz are a brand of baked beans produced by the H.J. Heinz Company, and sold in the United Kingdom and other countries. Heinz Beanz were launched in 1901 as “Heinz Baked Beans” and were made in United States until 1928, when the production began in the United Kingdom.
- 1901: Heinz Baked Beans are first sold at the Fortnum & Mason department store in London, United Kingdom, although they were manufactured in the United States.
- 1928: Heinz Baked Beans start being made in the United Kingdom.
- 1941-1948: The Ministry of Food classifies Heinz Baked Beans as an “essential food”, as part of its wartime rationing system.
- 1958: A Heinz factory opens in Wigan.
- 1967: Heinz launches an advertising campaign with the slogan “Beanz Meanz Heinz”. The phrase was created by advertising executive Maurice Drake, and went on to become one of the best-known advertising slogans in the United Kingdom. Drake later said that the slogan was “written over two pints of beer in The Victoria pub in Mornington Crescent”.
- 1998: Heinz Baked Beans is voted as one of twelve brands that citizens of the United Kingdom think best represents the final ten years of the millennium.
- 2004: Heinz introduce Reduced Sugar and Salt Baked Beans.
- 2008: “Heinz Baked Beans” are renamed “Heinz Baked Beanz”
Info gleaned from Wikipedia