1978 Libbys Orange Juice.
The company was founded as Libby, McNeill & Libby in Chicago, Illinois, by Archibald McNeill and the brothers Arthur and Charles Libby. The business began with a canned meat product, beef in brine, or corned beef. It became well-known when it began to package the meat in a trapezoid-shaped can starting in 1875.
Libby’s UK operations were based in Milnthorpe, Cumbria, a decision mainly driven by the significant dairy farming community in the South Lakes area, who supplied Libby’s with milk, the basic ingredient of evaporated milk that was the mainstay of the factory’s operations. The factory went on to make tinned rice pudding, tomato ketchup and fruit juice, both canned and bottled. The Milnthorpe factory had its own R&D labs and eventually the plant produced Libby’s Orange ‘c’, a best seller even though it was berated by a national newspaper for its high water content. Orange ‘c’ is still on sale today under the Libby’s brand. The Milnthorpe operation gradually declined, following acquisition by Nestle, who moved production to various other Nestle plants in the UK, prior to closure of the Milnthorpe factory.
Info gleaned from Wikipedia